Aus Appliances had a Magento website and approached me after being let down by some Australian Magento development companies, a high turn over of staff and a lack of urgency was causing problems with even minor changes that were being requested.
I quickly setup a staging environment, a project management system for dealing with requests and implemented regular meetings with the manager at Aus Appliances to make sure that work was done quickly and to a high level of robustness. By prioritising tasks and assigning a set number of hours, I managed to
- Integrate with 4 major shopping feeds and allow Aus Appliances total control over which products were supplied to the feeds
- Customise the checkout system to minimise shopping cart abandonment
- Add trust indicators to minimise shopping cart abandonment
- Fix a multitude of style issues
- Develop a shipping estimate for product pages, based on both postcode and suburb
- Integrate a new shipping module based on both postcode and suburb
- Add new promotion images for easy addition to existing product images
- Integrate Google Analytics more tightly to monitor customer events on the site and allow proper integration with adwords
Sales have been gradually increasing during the time the work has been done on the site, despite the recent decline in retailer sales.